Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:11 am

Homemade Flea and Tick Remedy
Primal Rights Staff

Flea & Tick Spray

8 oz apple cider vinegar
4 oz warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix dry ingredients first then slowly add to wet as the vinegar and baking soda will react slightly. Put into spray bottle and spray pets down. Be careful not to get in pets eyes.

Use Borax throughout the house, sprinkle it on the carpets and let sit for a few hours, then vacuum. This should kill all the fleas and ticks in your home and on your pets.

* It is safe for any animal, apple cider vinegar has a shelf life of about 3-5 years so you'd be fine to store it for a long time, just keep it out of direct sunlight and it shouldn't spoil. As for application, if your pet if flea and tick free then once a week, or after every bath. If they're infested, spray every couple days until infestation is gone, then do maintenance spraying of once a week or after every bath.

Obviously vet medication is quicker and requires less maintenance :)

Flea and Tick Shampoo

1/4 Cup regular blue Dawn dish soap
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Warm Water

Mix all ingredients into a bottle and shake well. Apply on your pet and massage into skin. Be sure to get from the neck to the tip of the tail and paws. Massage soap into your pet’s coat for approximately 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, and then rinse again to make sure you got all the mixture out. Once your pet’s coat is dry, use a fine tooth comb to comb through your animal’s to remove any dead fleas.

Repeat treatment a time or two for really bad infestations.

Top Top

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Homemade Flea and Tick Remedy
Primal Rights Staff

Flea and Tick Repellent Inside Home

Cedar Chips placed in mesh throughout the home (or ziplock backs with holes in them) or spraying items with cedar spray.

Cedar Spray Instructions:

Place a large handful of cedar chips into a plastic bucket with a lid in a well-ventilated area.

Bring a 1/2 gallon of water to a boil in a cooking pot. Pour the boiling water over the cedar chips in the bucket, and cover with a lid. Water should adequately cover the cedar chips. Steep chips until water is pale brown and cold; if water is not brown, add more chips.

Pour cedar infused liquid into an unused, plastic spray bottle. Spray around outside perimeter of windows and doors. Store cedar spray for up to one week in a cool, dry place.

Top Top

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Wolf

How come this says there are 9319 views on this thread, in the last 36 hours?

Top Top

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Primal Rights Staff

Spyder wrote:
How come this says there are 9319 views on this thread, in the last 36 hours?

Because every post I do on here I post on a facebook page complete with a link to Primal Rights :) https://www.facebook.com/HomemadeGuru

Top Top

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Wolf

OOOOoooooooo! So there's 9 thousand people reading what I wrote on your thread?

This brings about many mischevious ideas...

Top Top

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Alpha Wolf - Site Owner

Get a hold of yourself spyder... and not the way you usually have a hold of yourself. ;)

Top Top

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 am

Pup

is this ok to use on a cat that is nursing and kittens about 2 weeks old?

Top Top

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 am

Alpha Wolf

It should be beckett, but vinegar can sting, I'd suggest keeping it away from the nipples.. :D

There is nothing in that concoction that should do any damage, pretty much organic and benign I would think..

Top Top

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:28 am

Primal Rights Staff

There are so many products out there that you can buy that do the same thing or less than this remedy does. I am glad that gash brings a home remedy approach to fixing the problem. And with close to 25k views I am guessing she is doing the right thing!

It is amazing what you can do with the products you have at home. Too often we all jump to the "cure all" for something with little regard to what is in the product. That goes for anything we decide to put into our bodies. There have been way too many times when I get sucked into a label or a name of a product and don't even look at the ingredients of a product before I think it is alright to take a certain medicine. I encourage you to really investigate the "medicines" you are taking. Between the listed side effects and the artificial shit they put in them, they are enough to make you wish you only had the issue you have as opposed to the side effects.

Top Top

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 am

Pup

I have a cat. Does this have to be sprayed down to the skin or can it just sit on the fur?

Top Top