Login |  Register
RegisterLoginSearch FAQ

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:59 am

Zeiss/Hensoldt
Alpha Wolf - Site Owner

Oh My God. The highlight of today... without question.

This optic is so far beyond anything available right now it its prototype form... it is unreal.

I give you the hensoldt 3.5-26x56 mil/mil/ffp. It has a 36mm main tube.

It is virtually the same size as the current 4-16 model. INCREDIBLE.

CR123 battery for illumination.

Excellent reticle with .5 mil holds. Look at that image!!!! That is looking at the ceiling, right next to UBER bright HID lighting, into shadows, with the reticle lit, and with me trying to steady the camera by hand. Oh My GOD!

THIRTY SIX MIL double turn turret. Yes, 36 mils of available adjustment in the turret. That is enough to get my 308 to a mile without using holds. 18 mils per turn, and when you turn the first 18 mils, you lift up on the turret, which then allows you to engage the 2nd 18 mils for a total of 36 mils adjustment from zero. This is tactile and visual, so it can be easily referenced. Clicks were very tactile with a MTC/milestone type click every full mil... so you can dial without ever looking at the turret. They did this feature EXTREMELY well. You have no fear of over-running the first click past the fill mil indicators like you do on S&B or premier.

Illumination can be turned off and on at any setting by pulling the ring out.

8 mils left and 8 mils right for a total of 16 mils of available windage travel. Again... incredible.

This scope should be available for purchase in the USA between 6-12 months from now. Price point is undetermined, but a little birdy told me it will be around $4,000+. I WILL, I repeat WILL own this scope. It is that impressive. No riflescope I have ever handled in my life has given me a hardon like this scope did today. It is absolutely ground breaking and revolutionary in its capabilities and build quality. ... and this was a prototype!!!!! The only real downsides, and I scarcely call them that is the main tube being 36mm, which will require special one-off rings until someone like badger picks them up. Then, it weighs just shy of 3lbs. Kind of portly, but due to its compact size, I think it will be pretty manageable. I'll hardly notice the additional .5lbs over that of my premier.

The henny 4-16 got an upgrade as well. New locking turrets with vastly improved tactile clicks and a zero stop! I'll likely own one of these in the near future as well. Especially if they get a reticle in there with .5 mil holds.

Top Top

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:35 am

Re: Zeiss/Hensoldt
Alpha Wolf - Site Owner

Post his email addy here. Everyone will email him, including myself.

Top Top

Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Wolf

chaos wrote:
:D Its a shame that most of you guys will probably never get to see this scope in person....It is simply miles ahead of anything out there right now and is exactly what the ELR guys have been screaming about! Hey Leupold hows that steamy loaf of poo you just put out stack up?

No shit, it would be kind of useless to me considering my only .308 rifle has an 8" barrel.....
:lmfao:

http://www.facebook.com/CustomHydroGrap ... ts&fref=ts

Top Top

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:23 pm

Pup

This scope should have all scope manufacturers shaking in their boots! I am good friends with Nate at Zeiss and was able to really play with this scope a bunch, unbelievable is all I have to see. Zeiss finally listened to what everyone was asking for.

Lets see what the price turns out to be!
John III

Top Top

Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 am

Alpha Wolf - Site Owner

That should illustrate the pedigree of U.S. Optics...

It isn't often you see a manufacturer patting another on the back for a competing product!

Top Top